Imagine if all of life were determined by majority rule.
- Every meal would be a pizza.
- Every pair of pants, even those in a Brooks Brothers suit, would be stone-washed denim.
- Celebrity diet and exercise books would be the only thing on the shelves at the library.
- And – since women are a majority of the population- we’d all be married to Mel Gibson.
– P.J.O’Rourke, Parliament of Whores (1991)
But Now You Know
The Tyranny of the Majority, vs the Unanimity of Liberty
November 7, 2009 at 11:38
wow great article..love your style…I’ll try to keep an eye on your articles from now on