Government programs are driven by greed, not altruism.
It is the selfish who demand that politicians take money from others, and redistribute it to themselves.
— KAZ Vorpal, But Now You Know (2011)
Tags: budget deficit, budget proposal, bush, but now you iknow, but now you know, capitalism, congress, conservatism, debt, deficits, democrat, economic, economics, entitlement, entitlement programs, freedom, government, health care reform, kaz, kaz vorpal, liberalism, liberty, money, national debt, obama, obamacare, paul ryan, quotation, quotations, quote, quotes, redistribution of wealth, republican, sayings, socialism, tea party, vorpal, welfare
Imagine if all of life were determined by majority rule.
- Every meal would be a pizza.
- Every pair of pants, even those in a Brooks Brothers suit, would be stone-washed denim.
- Celebrity diet and exercise books would be the only thing on the shelves at the library.
- And – since women are a majority of the population- we’d all be married to Mel Gibson.
– P.J.O’Rourke, Parliament of Whores (1991)
The Tyranny of the Majority, vs the Unanimity of Liberty
Tags: brooks brothers, but now you know, democracy, denim, jeans, majority rule, mel gibson, o'rourke, p.j. o'rourke, parliament of whores, pizza, quotation, quotations, quote, quotes, self-help books, words of the sentient